§ 1 Name and origin
(1) The name of the Association is “Centre of Hope for Dakawa” It shall be registered in the Register of Associations. After registration, it shall be called Extra “e.V.”
(2a) It has its origin in Berlin/Germany.
(2b) The association is registered in the register of the district court of Berlin no. VR 29645 B
§ 2 Thepurposeofthe association
(1) The purpose of the Centre of Hope for Dakawa "consists in the creation, establishment and operation of an educational and social center as a boarding school and orphanage in Dakawa/Morogoro District, Tansania. There will be AIDS orphans and disabled children living as a boarder student as well as children from the area as surrounding land, build buildings and maitain them.
(2) The other purpose of this multisectoral project is to build up and help to maintain structures for self-support and self-sufficiency. This in the folowing areas: Education and training, Health Care (especially for pregnant and infected women) and agriculture (crops and livestock for self-support). Therefore the focus is on the implementation of the gender equality approach which is formulated by law.
(3) Community benefits:
The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes set within the parameters of the section “tax-exempt purposes” of the tax regulation. The association is working unselfishly. It does not pursue primarily its own economic purposes. Association funds may only be used for statutory purposes. The members receive no benefits from the association. No person may benefit from expenditures that are outside the goals of the association, or by disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 3 Membership:
(1) Membership in the Association may acquire, upon written request, any legally competent, natural person over 18 years or any legal person who is willing to promote the association's purpose.
(2) Each member is committed to an annual contribution payment. The amount and timing of the annual contribution is determined by the General Assembly. Further details are regulated by the membership fee regulations.
§ 4 Termination of Membership:
(1) Membership is terminated by voluntary resignation, expulsion or death.
(2) The withdrawal is made by written notice to the Board.
(3)Members may be excluded at any time or immediately from the association if they commit any gross offences against the interests of the association, or if their membership fee has been in default for more than one year or for any other justifiable reason.
§ 5 The bodies of the Association
The bodies of the Association are the General Assembly and the Board.
§ 6 TheGeneral Assembly, Jurisdiction, Convocation
(1) The General Assembly is responsible for:
- the election and removal of Board members,
- the election of the accountant,
- the approval of the Board`s established budget for the next fiscal year,
- the receipt of the annual report and the dismissal of the Board,
- the determination of the amount and due date of the annual contribution,
- the decision on changes to the Statutes and the dissolution of the association.
(2) All members are entitled to attend the general assembly. The Annual General Assembly will be held at least once a year. The meeting is called by written invitation of the Board by serving a term of two weeks. The invitation shall be accompanied by an agenda and items of pending decisions.
(3) The decision of the General Assembly is done by hand signal and by simple majority. Confidential votes are possible on application. Statute changes require a majority of three quarters of the votes. The dissolution of the association can only be decided by a majority of 4 / 5.
§ 7 TheBoard
(1) The board consists of one person.
(2) The board is elected by the General Assembly for a period of 2 years. The board remains up to the election of the next board in office.
(3) The Board is not limited to the exercise legal transactions for the association's purpose. The Board may dispose of the total assets of the association, without the need for approval by the General Assembly.
(4) The board is responsible for:
- the conduct of current business
- the execution of the decisions of the General Assembly
- the management of the association's assets
- establishing a budget for this project for each fiscal year,
- the creation of an annual report
- the preparation and
- the convening of the General Assembly.
(4b) The Board shall ensure that at least once per calendar year they or a third party travel to Dakawa to be informed in detail about the progress and the development of the project, this shall be documented and reported at next General Assembly. The Board will examine, in particular the use of Association funds and activities of persons authorized by them on site.
(4c) The Board can appoint one or more persons in Dakawa, to assume the responsibility of overseeing the necessary operations within the project. This person or persons will be requiered to write monthly report.
§ 8 Audit
The General Assembly shall elect two accountants who are not members of the Board, for a period of two years. They review at the end of a calendar year, the mathematical accuracy of accounting and treasury management. The accountants report at the next Annual General Assembly Meeting. Their report is to be concluded up to the General Assembly and no later than 4 months after the end of the fiscal year.
§ 9 Extraordinary General Assembly
An extraordinary general Assembly may be convened if it appears to be necessary to servie the interests of the association, or if a meeting is of at least 1 / 10 of the members requested, giving reasons in writing, of a board member. In urgent cases also changes to the Statutes can be decided at the extraordinary General Assembly.
§ 10 Dissolution of the association, liquidators
(1) Following the dissolution of the association or loss of tax-privileged purposes the assets will be transferred to a legal entity under public law, or to another tax-privileged corporation for use in promoting the development cooperation.
The General Assembly determines by a majority of 3 / 4 of the present members a person as a liquidator, who has sufficient expertise.
To download the statutes, please click here!